1. General & Installation
1.1 Few words about Didi
Didi is a modern responsive theme whose sole focus is to present your content in the best possible way on any screen size. Beautiful typography combined with clean layout draws and keeps readers attention to the most important, your content. Variety of front page options, 6 blog layout options and 4 custom page templates leave no wish to be desired. Didi is a perfect match for fashion, lifestyle and magazine style sites.
1.2 Getting Started
To install this theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. For information regarding the installation of the WordPress platform, please see the WordPress Codex - http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
Theme uses basic, core WordPress options (pages,post,categories) to create site that is easy to use even for very beginners. There is no option panel with many settings in it, all available theme options are available from inside the WordPress "Theme Customizer" that allows site admins to tweak theme settings and see a preview of those changes in a real time. You'll be able to upload your logo or change the site title and tagline, change background color, upload background image, change header image and more.
* Free images used in the live demo are from Unsplash.com!
When you are ready to install the theme, you first need to upload theme installation zip file and then activate the theme itself. The theme file can be uploaded in two ways:
- FTP Upload: Using your FTP program, upload the non-ziped theme folder "didi" into the /wp-content/themes/ folder on your server
- WordPress Upload: Navigate to Appearance » Themes » Add New » Upload. Click browse, and select the ziped theme folder "didi.zip". Hit "install now" and the theme will be uploaded and installed.
Once the theme is uploaded, you need to activate it.
After activation, you should see Didi Theme as an active theme:
1.4 How to start?
There are two ways to start building your site with this WordPress theme.
- Starting from scratch with your own content - to start from scratch we recommend following the documentation. Start with the front page, blog, header, menu and footer and then add inner pages.
- Replicate the demo site and then start from there - to replicate the demo follow the instructions for the demo import.
1.5 Plugins used in the theme demo
1. Soliloquy Slider plugin can be found inside the plugins folder
2. WooCommerce: http://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/ - create your own shop
3. Widget Visibility Without Jetpack: https://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-visibility-without-jetpack/ - Widget Visibility
4. Instagram Widget by WPZOOM: https://wordpress.org/plugins/instagram-widget-by-wpzoom/ - Instagram feed
5. Contact Form 7: https://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7/ - contact form
6. Elementor Page Builder: https://wordpress.org/plugins/elementor/
7. Email Subscribers & Newsletters: https://wordpress.org/plugins/email-subscribers/
If you'd like to have a demo site set up on your server and you don't have time or will to do it yourself let us do it. We offer professional demo setup service for a small fee and quick turn-around time of max. 48 hours. More about this service you can find here: Professional Theme Demo Setup