1. General & Installation
Healthy Living is fresh, simple and well rounded blogging theme. With it's laid back modern design and a beautiful typography this theme gives your content deserved spotlight and draws the readers right in. It is fully responsive and includes different page templates, post formats and a custom header image to expand the customizing options.
It is an easy to use theme with responsive layout that looks great on any device, big or small. It is compatible with Major Browsers, Smartphones and Tablet's.
Healthy Living theme uses basic, core WordPress options (pages,post and widgets) to create user friendly site with a lot of useful features.
1.1 Getting Started
To install this theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. For information regarding the installation of the WordPress platform, please see the WordPress Codex - http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
Theme uses basic, core WordPress options (pages,post,categories) to create site that is easy to use even for very beginners. There is no option panel with many settings in it, all available theme adjustments are available inside the WordPress "Theme Customizer" that allows site admins to tweak a theme's settings and see a preview of those changes in a real time. You'll be able to upload your image logo or to change the site title and tagline, change background color, upload background image, change header image and more.
This theme uses new WordPress feature called "Post Formats". Using "Post Formats" posts can be styled differently and independently of each other.
*Please note that the pictures in the Live Preview are for the presentation purposes only and are not included with the theme.
When you are ready to install the theme, you must first upload the theme files and then activate the theme itself. The theme files can be uploaded in two ways:
- FTP Upload: Using your FTP program, upload the non-ziped theme folder "healthyliving" into the /wp-content/themes/ folder on your server
- WordPress Upload: Navigate to Appearance > Add New > Upload. Go to browse, and select the ziped theme folder "healthyliving.zip". Hit "Install Now" and the theme will be uploaded and installed.
Once the theme is uploaded, you need to activate it.
After activation, you should see the Healthy Living Theme as an active theme:
1.1.2 Introducing WordPress Theme Customizer?
The Theme Customization screen (i.e. "Theme Customizer") allows site admins to tweak a theme's settings and see a preview of those changes in real time.
Healthy Living has implemented this option and added some useful options to help you style the background, colors, upload image logo and to write copyright text on your own.
Navigate to Appearance > Customize
On the left side, you'll find Theme Customizer with all the options it contains.
1. Site Identity
This gives you freedom to change the title, tagline and logo for your site.
2. Copyright Settings
This gives you the option to change copyright text.
This gives you the option to change the color of the green color elements as well as background color.
4. Header Image
This gives you the option to change header image or to remove it.
This gives you the option to preview all available widgets on the page you are previewing and to add or change widgets inside available Widgetized Areas.
1.1.3 Widgetized Areas
Widgetized areas (Footer Widget Area and Front Page Widget Area) are higly customizable and give numerous possibilities with just a couple of mouse clicks. Let me explain:
In widget areas you can use as many widgets as you want and it will adjust itself to the number of widgets you choose. For example, if you choose to have one widget it will spread across the whole area and create one column. If you choose two widgets, the two widgets will be placed in two columns. Maximum number of columns in one row is three therefore within one row you can have up to three widgets. If you however choose to have more widgets they will be placed in the next three column row (or more rows). The widgets will automatically adjust to nicely fill the space using Masonry.
This feature can be combined with "Widget Visibility Without Jetpack" plugin to create even more useful possibilities.
1.1.4 Plugins used with this theme:
1. Soliloquy Slider plugin can be found inside the plugins folder
2. WooCommerce: http://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/ - create your own shop
3. Widget Visibility Without Jetpack: https://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-visibility-without-jetpack/ - Widget Visibility
4. Contact Form 7: https://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7/ - contact form
5. Elementor Page Builder: https://wordpress.org/plugins/elementor/
6. Email Subscribers & Newsletters: https://wordpress.org/plugins/email-subscribers/
7. Food and Drink Menu: https://themeofthecrop.com/plugins/food-and-drink-menu/ - Food and Drink Menu
8. Restaurant Reservations: https://themeofthecrop.com/plugins/restaurant-reservations/ - Restaurant Reservations
1.1.5 Soliloquy Slider
To install the slider navigate to the Plugins > Add new > Upload > Choose file
After you install the plugin you'll see the new menu "Soliloquy", verify your license key and than you'll get available addons for the installation. You can also install the add ons from the plugins folder:
Now you can install Soliloquy addons - "Soliloquy theme addons"
To create slider click on "Add New" option and name it. Now you can play and create your slider using many options and features that this great slider offers.
When you finish with creating your slider, navigate to the post, page or widget where you want to use your slider. Inside pages and posts, on the top of the edtior you`ll find "Soliloquy" slider button.
Click on the button to open the new window where you'll be able to choose created sliders to put inside the page or post:
If you want to use the slider inside a widgets sidebar, navigate to Appearance > Widgets, there you'll find "Soliloquy" widget. Drag and drop widget inside one of the available sidebars and choose the slider you want to show :
1.6 How to start?
There are two ways to start building your site with this WordPress theme.
- Starting from scratch with your own content - to start from scratch we recommend following the documentation. Start with the front page, blog, header, menu and footer and then add inner pages.
- Replicate the demo site and then start from there - to replicate the demo follow the instructions for the demo content.
If you'd like to have a demo site set up on your server and you don't have time or will to do it yourself let us do it. We offer professional demo setup service for a small fee and quick turn-around time of max. 48 hours. More about this service you can find here: Professional Theme Demo Setup