1. General & Installation
1.1 A few words about Liber
Liber is a premium responsive WordPress theme optimized for restaurant, bar and pub websites. Gastronomy websites require niche specific features and Liber delivers in spades.
Let me name a few:
- You want your clients to be able to book a table online? You got it.
- You want to add elegant looking food menus or recipes? It's there.
- Show people where to find your restaurant using a map? No problem.
- Display opening hours? Checked.
- You have happy clients and want to show their testimonials? Why not.
Apart from these main features there are many other like socials bar, shop, newsletter subscription and more.
Liber features modern clean responsive layout with many customization options available directly from the WordPress customizer. From front page layout options, to blog options, color options and more, it is all there, logically laid out and easy to use. It is, of course, translation ready and mobile friendly, so no worries your website will shine in the best light on all devices. Liber is built using standard WordPress features; posts, pages, child pages, widgets and customizer. No extra option panels to learn, no extra weight on your server. Just rock solid code and fast loading times and we all know uncle Google likes that .
1.2 Getting Started
To install this theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. For information regarding the installation of the WordPress platform, please see the WordPress Codex - http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
Theme uses basic, core WordPress options (pages,post,categories) to create site that is easy to use even for very beginners. There is no option panel with many settings in it, all available theme options are available from inside the WordPress "Theme Customizer" that allows site admins to tweak theme settings and see a preview of those changes in a real time. You'll be able to upload your logo or change the site title and tagline, change background color, upload background image, change header image and more.
When you are ready to install the theme, you first need to upload theme installation zip file and then activate the theme itself. The theme file can be uploaded in two ways:
- FTP Upload: Using your FTP program, upload the non-ziped theme folder "liber" into the /wp-content/themes/ folder on your server
- WordPress Upload: Navigate to Appearance » Themes » Add New » Upload. Click browse, and select the ziped theme folder "liber.zip". Hit "install now" and the theme will be uploaded and installed.
Once the theme is uploaded, you need to activate it.
After activation, you should see Liber Theme as an active theme:
After theme activation, you'll see a notification bar with required and recommended plugins. Please install and activate one required plugin Liber Custom Post Type Plugin.
All the rest plugins are recommended plugins and not required for the theme to work, you can decide on your own which one you need and install just that one.
If you want to use one-click demo import and to have your website look the same as the demo, please install all these plugins and follow the instructions for the one-click demo import: .
1.5 Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels)
This is a list of image sizes we used in the theme demo but you are free to upload and use other image sizes.
- Front Page:
Top Featured Image –
Panel One – Child Page Images –
Panel Two – Background Featured Image –
Panel Three – Post Featured Image –
Panel Four – Background Featured Image –
Panel Five – Testimonial Image –
- Menu Page:
for the best look, upload images with the same width and height, for example
Menu Default - Featured Image -
Menu Classic - Featured Image -
- Page Top Hero Image: -
- Content Width -
- Full Width Content -
- The sidebar width is -
1.6 How to start?
There are two ways to start building your site with this WordPress theme.
- Starting from scratch with your own content - to start from scratch we recommend following the documentation. Start with the front page, blog, header, menu and footer and then add inner pages.
- Replicate the demo site and then start from there - to replicate the demo follow the instructions for the one-click demo import.
If you'd like to have a demo site set up on your server and you don't have time or will to do it yourself let us do it. We offer professional demo setup service for a small fee and quick turn-around time of max. 48 hours. More about this service you can find here: Professional Theme Demo Setup