1. Getting Started
To install this theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. For information regarding the installation of the WordPress platform, please see the WordPress Codex - http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
Theme uses basic, core WordPress options (pages,post,categories) to create site that is easy to use even for very beginners. There is no option panel with many settings in it, all available theme options are available from inside the WordPress "Theme Customizer" that allows site admins to tweak theme settings and see a preview of those changes in a real time. You'll be able to upload your logo or change the site title and tagline, change background color, upload background image, change header image and more.
* Please note that the pictures in the Live Preview are for the presentation purposes only and are not included with the theme.
When you are ready to install the theme, you must first upload the theme files and then activate the theme itself. The theme files can be uploaded in two ways:
- FTP Upload: Using your FTP program, upload the non-ziped theme folder "maishawp" into the /wp-content/themes/ folder on your server
- WordPress Upload: Navigate to Appearance > Add New > Upload. Go to browse, and select the ziped theme folder "maishawp.zip". Hit "Install Now" and the theme will be uploaded and installed.
Once the theme is uploaded, you need to activate it.
After activation, you should see Maisha Theme as an active theme:
After theme activation, you'll see a notification bar with recommended plugins.
Plugins are not required for the theme to work, you can decide on your own which one you need and install just that one.
If you want to use one-click demo import and to have your website look the same as the demo, please install all these plugins and follow the instructions for the one-click demo import: .
1.3 How to start?
There are two ways to start building your site with this WordPress theme.
- Starting from scratch with your own content - to start from scratch we recommend following the documentation. Start with the front page, blog, header, menu and footer and then add inner pages.
- Replicate the demo site and then start from there - to replicate the demo follow the instructions for the one-click demo import.
If you'd like to have a demo site set up on your server and you don't have time or will to do it yourself let us do it. We offer professional demo setup service for a small fee and quick turn-around time of max. 48 hours. More about this service you can find here: Professional Theme Demo Setup