1. General & Installation
1.1 Few words about Pena
This theme has been inspired by "Living on One" documentary we watched one night. We were deeply touched and wanted to somehow contribute to the whole project. As theme developers we decided to develop a WordPress theme to help spread the word about it. This is a really special project for us and we built the demo site for the theme using real content that we hope will raise the awareness about the problems in Peña Blanca and spread the word about this great documentary.
Pena is modern, responsive and mobile friendly theme. Theme offers whole variety of cool features like different blog layouts, different header options, extensive color options and more. Pena is very easily customizable directly from the WordPress Customizer. It also comes with number of page templates and includes a couple specially styled to support hugely popular plugins like Give, WooCommerce and The Events Calendar.
1.2 Getting Started
To install this theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. For information regarding the installation of the WordPress platform, please see the WordPress Codex - http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
Theme uses basic, core WordPress options (pages,post,categories) to create site that is easy to use even for very beginners. There is no option panel with many settings in it, all available theme options are available from inside the WordPress "Theme Customizer" that allows site admins to tweak theme settings and see a preview of those changes in a real time. You'll be able to upload your logo or change the site title and tagline, change different colors, change header image and more.
When you are ready to install the theme, you first need to upload theme installation zip file and then activate the theme itself. The theme file can be uploaded in two ways:
- FTP Upload: Using your FTP program, upload the non-ziped theme folder "pena" into the /wp-content/themes/ folder on your server
- WordPress Upload: Navigate to Appearance » Themes » Add New » Upload. Click browse, and select the ziped theme folder "pena.zip". Hit "install now" and the theme will be uploaded and installed.
Once the theme is uploaded, you need to activate it.
1.4 Plugins used in the theme demo
1. Soliloquy Slider plugin can be found inside the plugins folder
2. WooCommerce: http://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/ - create your own shop
3. Contact Form 7: https://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7/ - contact form
4. Widget Visibility Without Jetpack: https://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-visibility-without-jetpack/
5. The Events Calendar: https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/ – plugin that lets you easily share your events.
6. Give: https://wordpress.org/plugins/give/ - empower your cause: start accepting donations on WordPress with Give.
7. Page Builder by SiteOrigin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/siteorigin-panels/ - build responsive page layouts using the widgets you know and love using this simple drag and drop page builder.
8. SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle: https://wordpress.org/plugins/so-widgets-bundle/- a collection of all widgets, neatly bundled into a single plugin. It's also a framework to code your own widgets on top of.
If you'd like to have a demo site set up on your server and you don't have time or will to do it yourself let us do it. We offer professional demo setup service for a small fee and quick turn-around time of max. 48 hours. More about this service you can find here: Professional Theme Demo Setup