1. General & Installation
1.1 Few words about Tuned Balloon
Tuned Balloon is an easy to use theme with flexible layout that looks great on any device, big or small. Tuned Balloon features different post formats, each displayed in their own unique way. If you want to make your blog post more flexible you can use different kinds of post formats such as image, gallery, video, aside, link or quotes.
1.2 Getting Started
To install this theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. For information regarding the installation of the WordPress platform, please see the WordPress Codex - http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
Theme uses basic, core WordPress options (pages,post,categories) to create site that is easy to use even for very beginners. There is no option panel with many settings in it, all available theme options are available from inside the WordPress "Theme Customizer" that allows site admins to tweak theme settings and see a preview of those changes in a real time. You'll be able to upload your logo or change the site title and tagline, change different colors, change header image and more.
When you are ready to install the theme, you first need to upload theme installation zip file and then activate the theme itself. The theme file can be uploaded in two ways:
- FTP Upload: Using your FTP program, upload the non-ziped theme folder "tunedballoon" into the /wp-content/themes/ folder on your server
- WordPress Upload: Navigate to Appearance » Themes » Add New » Upload. Click browse, and select the ziped theme folder "tunedballoon.zip". Hit "install now" and the theme will be uploaded and installed.
Once the theme is uploaded, you need to activate it.
After activation, you should see Tuned Balloon Theme as an active theme:
1.4 Introducing WordPress Theme Customizer?
The Theme Customization screen (i.e. "Theme Customizer") allows site admins to tweak a theme's settings and see a preview of those changes in real time.
Tuned Balloon has implemented this option and added some useful options to help you style the background, upload image logo, change colors and to write copyright text on your own.
Navigate to Appearance > Customize
On the left side, you'll find Theme Customizer with all the options it contains.
1. Site Identity
This gives you freedom to change the title, tagline and logo for your site.
2. Copyright Settings
This gives you the option to change copyright text.
Here you have the option to change page backgroung color and few color elements on the page.
4. Header Image
This gives you the option to change header image or to remove it.
5. Background Image
This option makes it possible to add backgroung image instead of background color.
6. Naviagtion and Static front page
This option makes it possible to choose navigation and also to set up front page display directly from the Customizer.
1.5 Plugins used with this theme:
- Jetpack: http://wordpress.org/plugins/jetpack/
- Soliloquy Slider with addons can be found inside Plugins folder
- Recent Posts Widget Extended: http://wordpress.org/plugins/recent-posts-widget-extended/
- GigPress: http://gigpress.com/
- Easy Digital Downloads: https://easydigitaldownloads.com/
- Elementor: https://wordpress.org/plugins/elementor/ - Page Builder
Plugins mentioned above are not mandatory for theme to work!
1.6 How to start?
There are two ways to start building your site with this WordPress theme.
- Starting from scratch with your own content - to start from scratch we recommend following the documentation.
- Replicate the demo site and then start from there - to replicate the demo follow the instructions for the demo import.
If you'd like to have a demo site set up on your server and you don't have time or will to do it yourself let us do it. We offer professional demo setup service for a small fee and quick turn-around time of max. 48 hours. More about this service you can find here: Professional Theme Demo Setup