10. Demo Content
If you want to replicate the demo site before you start editing and adding your own content then these are the steps you need to follow:
- Install all the plugins used in the demo. The plugins are listed below.
- Import XML file, widget settings (WIE file) using One Click Demo import plugin.
- Set up primary in Appearance » Menus.
- Set up a static front page in Settings » Reading.
10.1 Plugins used with this theme:
1. Jetpack: https://wordpress.org/plugins/jetpack/ - numerous features can be added quickly in the theme from Jetpack Plugin: Tiled Galleries, Related Posts, Extra Sidebar Widgets, Widget Visibility etc..
2. Instagram Widget by WPZOOM: https://wordpress.org/plugins/instagram-widget-by-wpzoom/
3. Site Origin Page Builder: https://wordpress.org/plugins/siteorigin-panels/
4. Site Origin Widgets Bundle: https://wordpress.org/plugins/so-widgets-bundle/
5. Soliloquy Lite Slider: https://wordpress.org/plugins/soliloquy-lite/
Plugins mentioned above are not mandatory for theme to work! However, if you want to import demo content please install and activate those plugins before going to the next step!
10.2 Import Demo Content
To import the demo content install the One Click Demo import plugin. Navigate to Appearance » Import Demo Content and choose the XML,WIE and DAT files located inside the downloaded folder.
10.3 Set up Primary Menu
Navigate to the Appearance » Menu and select "Primary Menu" from the dropdown.
In the Theme Locations check Primary Menu and save it.
10.4 Set up Social Menu
Navigate to the Appearance » Menu and select "Social Menu" from the dropdown.
In the Theme Locations check Social Links Menu
All you need to do is add socials inside the Custom Links menu. Inside the "URL" field add your social page url and inside the "Link Text" add the name of the social, for example "Facebook". After you add it to the menu, social icon will automatically show up inside the socials bar. Once you are finished click "Save Menu".
Linking to any of the following sites will automatically display its icon in your menu.
- RSS Feed (urls with
10.5 Set up Static Front Page
Navigate to the Settings » Reading and instead of the default "Front Page Displays: - Your latest posts" choose "A static page" and select "Welcome to the Veggie" and "Blog". From the Posts Page dropdown select a page you want to use as your blog page.