1. General & Installation
1.1 Few words about Bloggy
Bloggy is an easy to use theme with flexible layout that looks great on any device, big or small. Bloggy features different post formats, each displayed in their own unique way.
1.2 Getting Started
To install this theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. For information regarding the installation of the WordPress platform, please see the WordPress Codex - http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
Theme uses basic, core WordPress options (pages,post,categories) to create site that is easy to use even for very beginners. There is no option panel with many settings in it, all available theme options are available from inside the WordPress "Theme Customizer" that allows site admins to tweak theme settings and see a preview of those changes in a real time. You'll be able to upload your logo or change the site title and tagline, change different colors, change header image and more.
When you are ready to install the theme, you first need to upload theme installation zip file and then activate the theme itself. The theme file can be uploaded in two ways:
- FTP Upload: Using your FTP program, upload the non-ziped theme folder "bloggy" into the /wp-content/themes/ folder on your server
- WordPress Upload: Navigate to Appearance » Themes » Add New » Upload. Click browse, and select the ziped theme folder "bloggy.zip". Hit "install now" and the theme will be uploaded and installed.
Once the theme is uploaded, you need to activate it.
After activation, you should see Bloggy Theme as an active theme:
1.4 Plugins used with this theme:
1. Jetpack: http://jetpack.me/ - plugin for WordPress that supercharge your website with features until now only available on WordPress.com. This plugin is used for the widget visibility, tiled gallery, contact form...
2. Soliloquy Slider with addons can be found inside the Plugins folder
3. WooCommerce: http://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/ - used for shop page
4. Simple Social Icons: http://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-social-icons/
5. Contact Form 7: http://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7/
6. Elementor: https://wordpress.org/plugins/elementor/ - Page Builder
Plugins mentioned above are not mandatory for theme to work!
1.5 How to start?
There are two ways to start building your site with this WordPress theme.
- Starting from scratch with your own content - to start from scratch we recommend following the documentation.
- Replicate the demo site and then start from there - to replicate the demo follow the instructions for the demo import.
If you'd like to have a demo site set up on your server and you don't have time or will to do it yourself let us do it. We offer professional demo setup service for a small fee and quick turn-around time of max. 48 hours. More about this service you can find here: Professional Theme Demo Setup