1. General & Installation
1.1 A few words about Veganos
Veganos is a wonderfully designed, clean and responsive free WordPress theme. It's perfect for creating food-related websites like recipe websites, blogs, magazines and more. Veganos is built mobile first and is pleasure to view on devices of all sizes. It features modern, easy-to-read typography and minimalistic design.
1.2 Getting Started
To install this theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. For information regarding the installation of the WordPress platform, please see the WordPress Codex - http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
Theme uses basic, core WordPress options (pages,post,categories) to create site that is easy to use even for very beginners. There is no separate option panel with tons of settings in it, all available theme options are available from within the WordPress "Theme Customizer" that allows site admins to tweak theme settings and see a preview of those changes in a real time. From there you can upload your logo or change the site title and tagline, change background color, upload background image, change header image and more.
When you are ready to install the theme, you first need to upload theme installation zip file and then activate the theme itself. The theme file can be uploaded in two ways:
- WordPress Upload (Recommended): Navigate to Appearance » Themes » Add New » Upload. Click browse, and select the ziped theme folder "veganos.zip". Hit "install now" and the theme will be uploaded and installed.
- FTP Upload: Using your FTP program, upload the non-ziped theme folder "veganos" into the /wp-content/themes/ folder on your server
Once the theme is uploaded, you need to activate it.
After activation, you should see Veganos Theme as an active theme:
1.4 How to start?
There are two ways to start building your site with this WordPress theme.
- Starting from scratch with your own content - to start from scratch we recommend following the documentation. Start with the menu, front page, blog and then add inner pages.
- Replicate theme demo site and then start from there - to replicate the demo follow the instructions for the one-click demo import.
1.5 One-Click Demo Import
If you want to replicate the demo site before you start editing and adding your own content then these are the steps you need to follow:
Please make sure to
- Install the theme
- Install and activate all plugins you'll see in the notification box after theme instalation.
- Navigate to the Orbit Fox and activate Gutenberg Blocks. You can deactivate all other options if you don't need them.
- Navigate to Appearance » Import Demo Data
If you'd like to have a demo site set up on your server and you don't have time or will to do it yourself let us do it. We offer professional demo setup service for a small fee and quick turn-around time of max. 48 hours. More about this service you can find here: Professional Theme Demo Setup